In this tutorial you will learn how to easily create, configure and send an email marketing campaign with video that plays directly in the inbox. Yes, it's real!
How to create an email marketing with video using Acumbamail and Viewed
Viewed is a platform that solves the problem of embedding video with autoplay in email marketing campaigns, easy to use, mobile-friendly and 100% compatible with Acumbamail. You can create professional, high impact and dynamic email campaigns that increase CTR up to 173%.
1. Create your Viewed Account
If you don't have an account, create one here. By default, you will be logged in the FREE plan, that includes 100 video impressions to make some tests. You can upgrade your plan or purchase extra video impressions as needed. Viewed delivers millions of videos in email every day. It has solid servers and is partner of Amazon and Google Cloud to deliver your videos in the emails, regardless of the volume or concurrent users.
2. Upload your Video File
The Viewed platform is compatible with all video formats such as mp4, avi, mov and flv. Press the blue button “Upload Video” on the right side of your screen:
Then fill the form:
- Video name: It’s a name to identify the video in your list.
- Video file: you have to options:
- Select a video from your computer. You can use the drag & drop system or click to search and upload.
- Or introduce a youtube or Vimeo video. It is no needed to select file in the previous field.
- Video width: it’s the video size in pixels in your html template.
- Click on the green button “Upload Video”
3. Coffee Time!
It´s time to have a cup of coffee. It will take just a few minutes. Relax, our System is in charge.
Viewed will automatically create all the necessary video formats to be compatible with every Operating System, device or navigator.
When the process finishes you will receive an alert in your notification bar.
4. Get the code for your email
You have three different ways to get the code for your email:
- Notification bar: when the upload finishes we provide you a link to the code in the notification bar.
- List of videos: First, click on “Copy Video ID”. Second, select “Copy to email” option.
- List of videos: Click on “Edit” button, this gives you access to a new screen
when you have to click on “Email embed code”.
5. Time to go to Acumbamail
Now that you have your Viewed HTML code is time to go to Acumbamail to start your campaign. Just log in to your account.
6. Create your campaign
Click the “Create campaign“ button and a menu will be toggled. Choose “Normal campaign“.
7. Fill your campaign details
It's time to specify campaign details: name, sender email, sender's name, subject, etc. Click “Next“.
8. Link your video email campaign with your sender list
Choose the recipients list that will receive your video email campaign. You can even segment the list you choose. When you finish, click “Next“.
9. Select HTML template
Now you have to paste your custom HTML code generated by the Viewed platform in your template. You can select an Acumbamail template or create a new one. In this tutorial we will use an Acumbamail template. Go to “New templates“ and select one.
Enter a name for your template.
10. Put Viewed's code in your template
Go to the “CONTENT“ tab on the right. Click on “HTML“ and drop it on the location you want it in the template.
Select the HTML block you have dropped to edit it.
Here paste the Viewed HTML code.
11. Preview your video email campaign
Here you can preview the design of your video email campaign. Go to “Actions“ and select “Preview“. When you finish, click “Next“.
12. Schedule your campaign
Here you can schedule at what time you want your video email campaign to be sent or you can send it now.