In this tutorial you will learn how to easily create, configure and send an email marketing campaign with video that plays directly in the inbox. Yes, it's real!
How to create an email marketing with video using Constant Contact and Viewed
Viewed is a platform that solves the problem of embedding video with autoplay in email marketing campaigns, easy to use, mobile-friendly and 100% compatible with Constant Contact. You can create professional, high impact and dynamic email campaigns that increase CTR up to 173%.
1. Sign in to your Viewed account
Login to your account from our platform page www.viewed.video and click on Login button in the top right menu.
f you don't have a Viewed account yet, create one completely FREE here. With this account you will be able to host 3 videos per month in our platform and get up to 5 thousand views per month. Get to know all the benefits of your FREE Plan.
Creating your account is very easy, you just need a corporate email and fill in a short form as shown in the picture below.
If you are an SME or freelancer and you do not have a corporate email, contact us, we will help you create one email@example.com.
2. Upload your video file
Viewed sends millions of videos by email every day. We have robust servers in partnership with Amazon and Google Cloud, allowing us to deliver your videos regardless of volume or user traffic.
- Click the Upload a video button at the top right.
- The first time you upload your video we will ask you to select the ESP you usually use to send your email marketing campaigns, to make sure it is compatible with our platform. You can also check our integrations list here.
- Then fill in the fields as follows:
- Video name: It’s a name to identify the video in your list.
- Video file: Select your video file. You can use drag and drop or click to browse for it on your computer. You can also copy a link from YouTube or Vimeo. The maximum allowed size is 120 Mb. with a maximum length of 32,767 seconds.
- Video width: Is the width in pixels of your video in your HTML template (Max. 750, we recommended 600).
- Finally click on the green button "Upload a video" and let our platform work its magic.
3. Coffee Time!
It's time for a cup of coffee. This process will only take a few minutes for your video to be ready.
Relax, our system will take care of everything. Viewed will automatically create all the necessary video formats to deliver the best possible experience to every OS, device and browser.
4. Get the code to embed a video within an email
In this section "Share Video" you will see the different options you have to embed your video within the email.
Select Send with other Emailing Software: Copy the HTML code and paste it into the HTML template of your email, in the position where you want your video to appear. Find here more tutorials to learn how to use VIEWED with the different ESPs.
5. Paste Viewed code in your template
You have to edit the HTML template that you are going to send and insert the code you have copied from Viewed platform. Select the location of the template where you want to display the video.
6. Time to go to Constant Contact
Now that you have your HTML template is time to go to Constant Contact to start your campaign. Just log in to your Constant Contact account.
7. Set up a campaign
Log in to your Constant Contact account and click on the “Create an Email“ button to set up your video email campaign.
8. Go to the Custom Code option
You must choose the “Custom code“ button in order to paste your video email HTML template.
Then select “HTML“ in Email Format.
9. Campaign settings
Fill all the details for your video email campaign such as SUBJECT, FROM NAME, FROM EMAIL ADDRESS, etc.
10. Go to the Advanced Editor tab
On the left of the page click on the “Advanced Editor“ button.
Paste your HTML template and click on “Save & Return“.
11. Go to the Message Footer tab
Here you can add all the detail information you want to insert on the footer area of your video email campaign.
12. Set up your Contact List
Link your video email campaign with the contact list of your choice.
13. Schedule your video email campaign
Time to impress the world! In this step, you can schedule the delivery of your campaign. You have 3 options: send it right away, schedule it to be sent later or make a draft.