In this tutorial you will learn how to easily create, configure and send an email marketing campaign with video that plays directly in the inbox, using Mailjet and Viewed. Yes, it's real!
How to create email marketing with video using Mailjet and Viewed
Viewed is a platform that solves the problem of embedding video with autoplay in email marketing campaigns, easy to use, mobile-friendly and 100% compatible with Mailjet. You can create professional, high impact and dynamic email campaigns that increase CTR up to 173%.
1. Create your Viewed Account
If you don't have an account, create one. By default, you will be logged in the FREE plan, that includes 100 video impressions to make some tests. You can upgrade your plan or purchase extra video impressions as needed. Viewed delivers millions of videos in email every day. It has solid servers and is partner of Amazon and Google Cloud to deliver your videos in the emails, regardless of the volume or concurrent users.
2. Upload your Video File
The Viewed platform is compatible with all video formats such as mp4, avi, mov and flv. Press the blue button “Upload Video” on the right side of your screen:
Then fill the form:
- Video name: It’s a name to identify the video in your list.
- Video file: you have to options:
- Select a video from your computer. You can use the drag & drop system or click to search and upload.
- Or introduce a youtube or Vimeo video. It is no needed to select file in the previous field.
- Video width: it’s the video size in pixels in your html template.
- Click on the green button “Upload Video”
3. Coffee Time!
It´s time to have a cup of coffee. It will take just a few minutes. Relax, our System is in charge.
Viewed will automatically create all the necessary video formats to be compatible with every Operating System, device or navigator.
When the process finishes you will receive an alert in your notification bar.
4. Get the code for your email
You have three different ways to get the code for your email:
- Notification bar: when the upload finishes we provide you a link to the code in the notification bar.
- List of videos: First, click on “Copy Video ID”. Second, select “Copy to email” option.
- List of videos: Click on “Edit” button, this gives you access to a new screen
when you have to click on “Email embed code”.
5. Time to go to Mailjet
Now that you have your Viewed HTML code it´s time to go to Mailjet to start your campaign. Just log in to your Mailjet account.
6. Set up a campaign
Go to your Dashboard and click on “Create new...“. Then choose “Campaign“.
You must choose the basic settings of your campaign such as the Name, Subject, Language and Contact list.
7. Select a template
To paste your custom HTML code generated by Viewed platform, you need to click on the “Design email“ button.
You can choose a template from the gallery or create a new one. In this tutorial we will use a template from the gallery.
8. Paste your HTML code
Once you have choosen your template you have to put the Viewed HTML code on it selecting the “HTML block“.
Select the HTML block module you have dropped and click on it to edit.
Paste the HTML code in the module and click on “Save“.
9. Preview your HTML template
You can preview and test your HTML Template using different devices like smartphone, tablet and desktop.
10. Send your campaign
Now you can review and send your video email choosing your recipients, or schedule a date and time zone to do so.