In this tutorial you will learn how to easily create, configure and send an email marketing campaign with video that will play directly in your inbox. Yes it's real!
How to create an email marketing with video using AWeber and Viewed
Viewed is a platform that solves the problem of embedding video with autoplay in email marketing campaigns, easy to use, mobile-friendly and 100% compatible with AWeber. To create dynamic, professional and high-impact email campaigns that increase your CTR by up to 173%.
1. Sign in to your Viewed account
Login to your account from our platform page www.viewed.video and click on Login button in the top right menu.
If you don't have a Viewed account yet, create one completely FREE. With this account you will be able to host 3 videos per month in our platform and get up to 5 thousand views per month. Get to know all the benefits of your FREE Plan.
Creating your account is very easy, you just need a corporate email and fill in a short form as shown in the picture below.
If you are an SME or freelancer and you do not have a corporate email, contact us, we will help you create one firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Upload your video file
Viewed sends millions of videos by email every day. We have robust servers in partnership with Amazon and Google Cloud, allowing us to deliver your videos regardless of volume or user traffic.
- Click the "Upload a video" button at the top right.
- The first time you upload a video you must select Mailchimp from our list of ESPs supported with VIEWED.
- Then fill in the fields as follows:
- Video name: It’s a name to identify the video in your list.
- Video file: Select your video file. You can use drag and drop or click to browse for it on your computer. You can also copy a link from YouTube or Vimeo. The maximum allowed size is 120 Mb. with a maximum length of 32,767 seconds.
- Video width: Is the width in pixels of your video in your HTML template (Max. 750, we recommended 600).
- Finally click on the green button "Upload a video" and let our platform work its magic.
3. Coffee Time!
It's time for a cup of coffee. This process will only take a few minutes for your video to be ready.
Relax, our system will take care of everything. Viewed will automatically create all the necessary video formats to deliver the best possible experience to every OS, device and browser.
4. Get the code to embed the video within the email using Mailchimp
In this section "Share Video" you will see the different options you have to embed your video within the email.
Select Send with other Emailing Software and copy the HTML code.
5. Time to go to Aweber
Now that you have your Viewed HTML code is time to go to Aweber to start your campaign. Just log in to your AWeber account.
6. Create your email campaign
Click on “Create a message“ button and a menu will be toggled. Choose “Drag & Drop Email Builder“.
7. Select a template
Then click on “Templates“ button.
Select a template form the list and click on “Apply“.
8. Paste Viewed HTML code
Once you have selected a template you have to click on “Paragraph“ block and drop it to the location of the template where you want to display the video.
Then select the paragraph block you have dropped and click on the icon where the arrow points to paste HTML code.
Paste the Viewed code that you copied from the platform and click on the submit button.
If you have finished editing your template click on “Save & Exit“ to send or schedule your campaign.
9. Sending Options
Time to impress the world! You can send your campaign now or schedule date and time.