Before we start
Taking into account that a GIF is nothing more than a set of short animated images that play in a continuous loop, it is important to consider both their advantages and disadvantages to determine if GIFs are suitable for your email campaign.
On the one hand, GIFs attract the recipient's attention and are easier to understand than a static image, but they also have some downsides:
- Animated GIFs are often too heavy and can affect the deliverability of your emails.
- These animations have a limited range of colors, which visibly affects the image quality.
- Some email platforms may not support animated GIFs and may be blocked by some email servers.
- GIFs are not responsive. It is important that content adapts to all devices, as users are constantly switching from desktop to mobile devices.
- It is also important to keep in mind that some recipients may find GIFs inappropriate or annoying.
Why it's a better idea to send a video email than an animated GIF
If after reading the 4 points above, you are wondering if it is possible to send a video by email instead of a GIF and if this will generate better results, the answer is yes, of course it is!
Video is a very effective content format to convey information visually and attract the attention of consumers. In addition, it has many advantages due to its ability to arouse emotions and connect with people.
Sending videos by email will help you improve your brand image, increase traffic to your website and improve your conversion rate.
To send videos by email, all you have to do is take advantage of all the videos you have already created for your social networks and follow these 5 simple steps:
- Create a free account at www.viewed.video/
- Upload your video.
- Copy the embed code provided by the Viewed platform.
- Paste the code into your email template.
- Send your email marketing campaign through your usual sending system.
And that's done! Your video will play automatically as soon as the user opens the email, without the need for clicks or links to YouTube.
Viewed offers an important advantage when sending videos by email, because it hosts and delivers the content in real time from its servers, automatically adapting it to the device, operating system and email client of each recipient. This makes it easy to send content without having to worry about adapting it manually.
How to add a GIF in the email?
In the meantime, here is a step-by-step guide to add animated GIFs to your emails.
The truth is that most email sending platforms make it easy to add GIFs to the body of the email.
- First, define the type of animated GIF you want to send. This will depend on the email marketing campaign you are building.
- You can use platforms like Giphy or Tenor to search for the GIF you want and copy its link. You can also use Photoshop or Adobe Premier to create GIFs from scratch.
- In the body of the email, click the "Insert Image" or "Insert Photo" button ( this may vary depending on the sending platform or template editor you use).
- Select the GIF file you downloaded earlier and click "Insert" or "Open".
- Make sure the image loads correctly and appears in the body of the message.
- Send the email with the GIF attached.
In conclusion, sending an animated GIF via email may be a good idea, but video content is arguably the best choice for any email marketing campaign because of its ability to connect with the audience and convey information. See for yourself the extraordinary results you can achieve using Viewed.