Now, the Tesla CEO will be the new owner of Twitter.
The U.S. microblogging platform, through which millions of users share controversial opinions about different current affairs, is expected to cease to be a publicly traded company and become a private company by the end of the year.
Elon Musk gets his proposal accepted
Elon Musk only needed a digital communication platform to complete his disruptive business empire. Remember that this technology business magnate owns the space exploration agency, SpaceX; the artificial intelligence innovation laboratory, OpenAI; and Tesla, a pioneer in the manufacture of electric cars.
It was only a matter of time before Elon Musk, who is also known for his controversial comments on Twitter, expanded his empire to social networks.
This Monday, April 25, despite attempts by Twitter's Board of Directors to prevent Elon Musk's takeover bid, the deal whereby Musk will acquire Twitter, valued at no less than $44 billion, was finally announced.
Elon Musk will go from being the individual shareholder with the largest stake in Twitter, to the owner who will revolutionize this platform, making clear what his position on freedom of expression is, through a tweet:
"Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to future of humanity are debated".
What changes will Elon Musk make to Twitter?
Be afraid Mark Zuckerberg because the evolution of Twitter has begun!
Now that the world's richest man will be at the helm of one of the most influential social networks, great advances are expected for Twitter, which will allow it to exploit the platform to the fullest, but there are also fears of The breakup of many of the policies that censored harmful comments on Twitter.
Since Elon Musk became a board member, he began to suggest a number of major changes, some of which are already underway, so we have no doubt that very soon we will begin to see these major advances in Twitter, such as:
- New and improved features, for example, the much-announced "edit tweets button".
- Twitter will have an open algorithm.
- Bots will be combated and fake accounts will be eradicated through an authentication strategy.
- Content policies will be relaxed to strengthen freedom of expression.
- Cryptocurrencies will also be implemented as a payment option.
- Twitter Blue ads will be removed.
- And finally, one of the changes with the most buzz, is that, by ceasing to be listed on the stock exchange, Twitter will have to generate its own revenue, so the possibility of charging memberships for its use has been raised.
We are sure that, with this important acquisition, the theory that Twitter would soon die will be discarded and will make brands and marketing and advertising professionals who had already left this platform aside, put their eyes back on this social network.