Take advantage of the coronavirus crisis stay-home circumstances and easily convert your Email Marketing Campaigns into In-Email Video Marketing Campaigns and raise your ROI by 3x.
The hole modern world is in shock these days. The threaten of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) has forced the governments to stop the economy and lock down population in order to slow down the spread.
And the scene is completely different by now. People are at home, companies are doing homework, customers are purchasing goods more online than ever… It isn’t really known how long this situation is going to last, so companies must adapt if they want to survive.
There are plenty of ways to approach to the client without necessary having to be close in person. Telematic platforms, for example, are offering several solutions for these issues, but there is one that has always been there: the email.
In Viewed, as the owners and developers of this innovative tool, we deeply understand better than any company what this tool is capable of. We could start saying that Viewed technology is able to deliver 8.000 automate video-emails per second, explaining the tool monitors and gives data in real time of the campaigns, and ending up informing that the major of the customers multiply x 3 their results.
But, what is the major added value that Viewed brings to traditional email marketing campaigns?: In-email personalized video content within auto-playable videos, empowering companies to transmit their ideas through the best visual way in existence.
Let’s take a look at the companies, developers or mobile apps that are taking advantage of this situation:
- Fitness/Exercise apps: these applications help people get their work out done by showing a coach doing the repetitions. It turns out you can easily replace a gym session in your own living room.
- Logistic companies: perhaps the most benefited companies nowadays. Amazon has requested 100.000 new employers due to the increasing demand of online products.
- Food delivery companies: although restaurants and bars are closing doors in several countries, some can keep on preparing food to be delivered. Due to that, apps like Uber Eats or Deliveroo are enjoying a great increasing demand on their services.
- Entertainment companies: one of the biggest concerns of locked down people, the best way to kill the boredom. Netflix, HBO, Disney+ are investing more than ever on improving the quality and quantity of pictures and series available on their platforms. According to BBC News, Netflix has got 16 million new sign-ups during coronavirus crisis.
All these companies keep communicating their new products every day. Sending internal app notifications, advertising on traditional media and sending newsletters. Newsletters or transactional emails that may content personalized videos which impress customers. There is where Viewed plays a leading role alongside the email companies in the market.
Viewed is the only company worldwide capable of creating thousands of personalized videos, based on real-time data, that are playable in emails, thanks to a proprietary technology. Additionally, only Viewed ensures that 85% of users who open their emails end up viewing the video, compared to just 16% for a click-to-play image linked to an external landing page with the video
In this era of customized products Viewed is capable of personalizing the communications massively. Just think of the “Wow!” reaction of one of your customers when receiving an email with a video addressed only to him.
That’s the difference Viewed can provide.
Let’s see some success cases of companies that use the Viewed Technology:
- A usual customer of Viewed, in this case, the biggest Spanish fashion retailer, has doubled the open rate of their email marketing campaigns. People are at home, hence the free time to take a glance at the emails. Compared with the same period, one year ago, and with the help of Viewed in-email videos, this e-commerce has surely made, and inflexion point in its sales chart. This matches with Hubspot covid-19 benchmark data, that says “marketing outreach, open rates, and database growth have increased since the star of the coronavirus crisis”
- Applying Viewed technology to remarketing campaigns, one of the most innovative international hotels chain has multiplied its ROI x 10 times. The return was 3,85€ per email, while the traditional ones were returning 0,045€. In addition:
- CTR increased from 2% to 27%.
- Click-to-open ratio increased from 7% to almost 49%.
- Bounce Rate decreased from 42% to 11%.
- The website visit time increased to 5’.
- And finally, the conversion rate increased from 1% to 3,5%.
According to a study made by the Spanish newspaper ABC: “Internet traffic will be tripled by 2021 and video consumption will be partly to blame”. The author points: “In the five-year period […] the number of devices connected to the Internet network will increase from 17.1 billion to 27.1 billion, which means that there will be three "gadgets" for every inhabitant of the planet in 2021, compared to two in 2016”.
As we can read in campaignmonitor.com: “Email marketing is lucrative, but the most effective emails contain 50 to 125 words in their body content. This means that longer messages aren’t as likely to be read. You can create videos that contain a lot of information while keeping the text in your emails relatively short. This makes a video in email especially important for companies that have a lot to say.”.
In other words, reaching the customer needs occurs in a short glimpse of time. Providing that people tend to spend less than 10 seconds reading an email, we have a short period of time to impress them. That is why video is a powerful tool in email marketing campaigns.
Viewed allows the advertiser or company to show their ideas and products on a video within the email itself. Now let’s add some figures that may be interesting:
- The word “video” in an email subject line can increase open rates by 19%. (Einsteinmarketer)
- Over 90% of consumers will watch a video that informs them about a new product or service. (Wyzowl)
- A video that’s less than two minutes long will generate the most engagement. (Wordstream)
- Customers can retain up to 95% of the content in a video, but only 10% of it when reading it. (Wordstream)
Now that we have the right idea of how the video can help your company rise the marketing metrics let’s include something that we have been hiding under the sleeve until the end.
Viewed makes the big different when it comes to the content of the video. More and more companies are starting to include video in their emails. They start to realize the benefits video can provide. However, most of them embed plain ones. The content is the same (or almost the same) for every customer that receives the email. Viewed has stepped up to the next level.
Introducing In-Email personalized videos. The idea is simple, a customer opens an email and a video starts playing explaining the offers that certain company has made specially for him. The speaker says the customer name, the price of the item, the name of the brand… And so, the customer experiences a different way of advertising, perceiving that the email is directed just to him (which is true).
As we could see in the web smarterhq.com:
- 70% of millennials prefer personalized emails over batch and blast communications.
- 70% of millennials are willing to let retailers track their browsing and shopping behaviours in exchange for a better shopping experience.
As Viewed has experienced, personalized video marketing campaigns allows companies raise its ROI over 3 times.
Summarizing in-email auto-playable video is here to stay.