In this article, we will show you the steps you need to follow to create effective email automation campaigns and how to make the most of them to improve communication with your customers and increase your sales.
What is email automation and why should you do it?
Email automation is the automatic and personalized sending of emails through a CRM or specialized software. This saves time and increases the effectiveness of communication with recipients. But what are the advantages of applying this email marketing strategy?
- Deliver the right message to the right person: email automation allows you to send personalized emails to each user based on their behavior in your online store. This generates greater efficiency in communication with the customer, increasing the likelihood of conversion and loyalty. In addition, emails can also be segmented according to the stage of the user's life cycle.
- Time saving: once you set up your email automation campaigns, you will be able to focus on other tasks in your business.
- Increased sales: by sending timely messages to your customers, such as special discounts on products they have been looking for, you can increase the likelihood that they will make a purchase.
- Customer loyalty: email automation allows you to send follow-up and thank you messages to your customers, which can improve brand awareness and encourage loyalty.
How to create an email automation sequence?
Define your objectives: before creating an email automation sequence, you must be clear about the objective you want to achieve: do you want to increase sales, build customer loyalty or simply keep them informed? Define your objectives in order to create an effective sequence.
- Select the events: select the events that will trigger the sending of your emails. For example, cart abandonment, subscription to your newsletter, a purchase, etc.
Determine the sequence: once you have your objectives and events clear, it's time to define the sequence of emails you will send. For example, a follow-up email after cart abandonment, a welcome email after newsletter subscription, etc.
- Personalize your messages: for your messages to be effective, it is important that they are personalized and relevant to your customers. Use information such as their name, interests or purchase history.
- Define the content of your emails: the choice of content is fundamental to capture the attention of your customers. Be sure to include videos in your emails. Videos embedded in the body of the email are an excellent way to capture the attention of recipients and increase the click-through rate. In addition, videos are an effective way to convey information in a visual and emotional way, which can improve message impact and retention.
- Set up your sequence: it's time to set up your email automation sequence in your email marketing or CRM platform.
5 Examples of effective email automation with video for any ecommerce
Looking for inspiration to create your own email automation campaigns with video? Here are 5 examples of effective video emails for every ecommerce:
- A confirmation video with useful tips on how to get the most out of the selected item.
If the product requires an installation or guide to be assembled, you can send a step-by-step video on how to do it.
- Another excellent practice is to send a video with products that may fit or complement the purchase your customer has made.
You can also opt for thank you videos that include information on the shipping or collection process.
3. Abandoned cart email: if a customer added products to their shopping cart but did not complete the transaction, you can send an automated email reminding them that they have pending items and offer them an incentive to complete the purchase. At this point you can send an aspirational video highlighting the qualities and features of the products selected by the user. At Viewed we have the technology to create personalized videos in real time that will help you recover abandoned carts.
4. Re-engagement: if you have a list of inactive subscribers, you can send a re-engagement email with a video that reminds them why they joined your list and why they should continue to be interested in your products. One video content option is testimonials from satisfied customers. These types of videos are very important for building trust and promoting purchase.
5. Birthdays or anniversaries: an automated email is sent to congratulate customers on their birthday or anniversary. This kind of details can increase customer loyalty and improve the relationship with your brand. A good idea is to send a personalized video to wish a happy day.
In conclusion, email automation is a tool that allows you to save time, improve the efficiency of your email marketing campaigns, increase sales and build customer loyalty. What more could you ask for? Start creating your email automation sequences with video and improve communication with your customers!